• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will these WORK??!!??

cassio

NAXJA Forum User
im lifting my 2wd daily driver
i saw these universal shackles at the local parts store and was wondering if they work on xj's

18915.jpg

has anyone use them let me know??

cause they dont work im just gonna use blocks that i already have...

Last edited:
No they won't work...if you look at your shackles they have a narrow and wide end. Those are straight.

I see the pic just fine. I want to say that those look really weak to me. The flat stock looks too flimsy for my tastes. Doesn't look like any clearance issues though.

JMHO,
Rough

A 2" drop shackle for a Chevy should work.

The one you show won't work. It's a different type of shackle than XJ's take. Just go take a look at your's and you should see the difference.

when i first got my XJ, it had them on there, don't ask me why?? but yes, you can MAKE them fit...:dunno: mine are at the dump somewhere.

It's a 2" lowering shackle for a full size Chevy. I haven't done it myself, but it will supposedly give you 2" of lift in an XJ.

pm'ed ya back.
cassio said:
mack i pmed u asking some question
if u want u can just answer them on here!

well guys

im gonna go ahead and lift with the 2" blocks and 1 1/2" spacers up front

since its my daily driver and the only off roading i do is drive through mud i think i'll be fine....right?

thanks guys

cassio said:
well guys

im gonna go ahead and lift with the 2" blocks and 1 1/2" spacers up front

since its my daily driver and the only off roading i do is drive through mud i think i'll be fine....right?

thanks guys
As long as you aren't trying to burn the tires on pavement you should be just fine.

Back