• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird electrical problem

xj4life

NAXJA Forum User
Went out to the Jeep last night, opened the rear hatch, all the running lights on the hatch came on and the cruise controler started making noise. Closed the hatch and everything turned off. No keys in the ignition, and lights were not on. Went out later and opened it again to make sure i wasnt crazy, lights didnt come on but cruise did. Closed it, opened it again, nothing.

A little background. Jeeps been sitting in the garage since January. Ive done a lot to it but havent touched anything electrical. I've run heaters in there several times and noticed condensation on the Jeep. My guess is that some wire or ground is shorting but i don't want to go chasing it without some clue.

It seems to be normal now, just dont want it to leave me stranded sometime in the future.

only thing i could think of is ur pintching ur 3rd brake light wire... not sure why the other lights would come on... but the only reason i say that is because the cruise control deactivates when the brake light circuit is interveined

Back