• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA and UCA questions

blaisetd

NAXJA Forum User
hey everyone. My brother and I installed some RE DB's + braces on my '90 yesterday (PITA) and I had a few questions. Does anyone know the torque specs for the bolts that attach the UCA's and LCA's to their mounts? The reason I ask is that before i had both ends of the LCA attached i tightened axle side first and found that it was very difficult to move the arm into position to attach the other side (wouldn't move more that a few inches). This made me think how is my suspension going to move up and down when the bolts are tight on both ends. thanks in advance blaise

btw the arms are stock. Had some aftermarket lowers but due to some problems during the install had to go back with the stockers....

The torque spec for the LCAs is 133 ft/lbs. But you shouldn't torque them down until both ends are attached.

blaisetd said:
btw the arms are stock. Had some aftermarket lowers but due to some problems during the install had to go back with the stockers....
Can you elaborate?

I'm embarrssed to say, but the LCA were Rough Country. I have a good excuse though, I didn't know about NAXJA at the time i bought them. I remember having trouble getting the LCA's into the body side mount during the original install. With the RE DB's there was NO WAY the LCA was going to fit.... maybe RC sent the wrong part????

Back