• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ SOA To shim or not to shim??

Need more information!

Are you retaining the factory transfer case? Planning or have done a slip-yoke eliminator/short-shaft kit?

Is the lift you get SOA going to be high enough or too high?

Ideally, you'd have the ride height and driveline issues settled...Then adjust the spring pad angle to get the pinion pointed correctly, and final-weld the pads on.

I dislike shims when a little more mock-up time would get it closer to perfect... (I was in a fairly major hurry when I built my SOA and cut some bad corners.) Avoid aluminum blocks or shims.

woody said:
Need more information!

Are you retaining the factory transfer case? Planning or have done a slip-yoke eliminator/short-shaft kit?

Is the lift you get SOA going to be high enough or too high?

Ideally, you'd have the ride height and driveline issues settled...Then adjust the spring pad angle to get the pinion pointed correctly, and final-weld the pads on.

I dislike shims when a little more mock-up time would get it closer to perfect... (I was in a fairly major hurry when I built my SOA and cut some bad corners.) Avoid aluminum blocks or shims.

Basically I just took a d44 out from under an XJ. Slid it under my MJ and bolted the springs up. I know the MJ spring perches a a bit wider than XJ but this truck is going to be off road only. Everything else is stock. Will I have to lengthen my driveshaft?

Back