• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wheel Bearing?

MudslinginXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Took my jeep to get aligned today and was told that the alignment shop couldn't align it because there was a bad wheel bearing on the passenger side front. Would this be able to pass inspection with a bad wheel bearing? Reason im wondering is because i just got it inspected and back not even a week ago.

It really depends on the inspection. If the baring wasn't all that loose, an inspection could easily miss it, but if the alignment shop spun it, they might have felt or heard the roughness. I just had a bearing go recently; it had no play at all, but it roared.

Ok, that makes sense then because on the way over my mother road with me and was complaining about a grinding noise up front and made me turn everything down and listen, i personally didn't hear anything but, i'll just go ahead and cough up the $150 and replace it.

MudslinginXJ said:
Would this be able to pass inspection with a bad wheel bearing? Reason im wondering is because i just got it inspected and back not even a week ago.

Do you REALLY expect a government-sponsored entity [read: revenue-generating scheme] to work hard enough to find anything that does not just 'jump up and grab them'?

Back