• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aesthetic Lift Ratio?

DXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for opinions on front and rear lift.

The XJ has a nose down appearance from the factory. Many people like to lift the front a little more to level it out when modifying suspensions. When unloaded, I prefer it just slightly lower in front so when loaded it's level, but level is in the eye of the beholder.

How much more do you think (in inches) the front should be lifted to balance out the look of an XJ?

I know it's up to how I want it, I'm just looking for what other people's opinions are on this.

DXJ said:
I know it's up to how I want it, I'm just looking for what other people's opinions are on this.

You already said it best.

Personally, I'd lift both ends by the same amount to keep the same rake angle.

Actually when i put my first 3" skyjacker lift (new springs all the way around) on i had to lift the back about 1" more to make it look right again.....

So i'm sure every lift is different, it's a matter of letting springs settle and then going from there.

Back