• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dual fan conversions

jeepcherokee95

NAXJA Forum User
Just an update for those who have read the thread I posted about the 3300cfm Zirgo fan I am installing.

As I said I had run into a snag in the install because the fan was so large it didn't fit any of the "normal" mounting holes; I don't want to use the ties through the radiator so got a few brain cells goin and decided to "trim" the stock shroud!

I found that if you trim the shroud flat (or even) with both of the sides (left and right - NOT up and down) and trim the same amount off ot the whole thing it almost just fits!

I say "almost" because I am hitting on bracket which holds the fan pulley which is now gone.

I guess I am going to have to pull the bracket back off and cut the "boss" off of the front to give me the .5" clearance I need to finish the install.

To mount the fan to the "modded" shroud I am going to use small nuts and bolts, should mount just fine and cool like a big dog!

If someone would be so kind as to tell me how to post pics I will do that when I am done.

Thanks for all the great help everyone provides on the forum - It's nice to know people are willing to share their experience.

JC95

I could add your photos and comments to my write up if you like as many would be interested. Otherwise you can just put up your shots on web shots etc and link to them.
Nice CFM BTW ;)

Back