• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Teraflex BB Install Help PLEASE!!!

jeepinairman

NAXJA Forum User
hey everybody.....

i have an 89 , 4x4, 4.0, Rustys 3''SP, 242, etc

the rustys front end is a sagging as usual......i got a good deal on some teraflex BB 2'' spacers for the front and i wanna put them on before a wheelin trip tommorrow.....i need help on how to put on the spacers..

i have read that on newer XJs that the bumpstop can be unscrewed to put on a budget boost but i have yet to see how the pre *lets say * 95 XJs bumpstop comes off.....does it unscrew or do i have to beat it out....

OR does the spacer just sit on top of the spring and against the bumpstop....thanks....help is appreciated

Should be just like the factory isolator, slides over bumpstop. That's why it's doughnut shape. Just push the spacer all the way up. Remember, you'll get about .25-.50" (depending on shape of isolator) from the stock isolator, so if you don't want that much more w/ the spacer, remove the isolator.

so basically....*sounding green here* i get the spring to where i can get the BB in and put it flush against the isolator/bumpstop and then reinstall springs?.....i dont have to take the bumpstop out?.....

thanks....

you would think i could figure this out since i do all my own work.....installed lift , rebuild engine...etc...lol....

i havejust never delt with a BB before...

:us:

I did the same thing on an earlier rendition of my 94 XJ. It worked fine. I HAD to change my brake lines and get an aftermarket adjustable trackbar. FYI. I wanted to let you know because I found out the hard way :(

-Cracker

jeepinairman said:
so basically....*sounding green here* i get the spring to where i can get the BB in and put it flush against the isolator/bumpstop and then reinstall springs?.....i dont have to take the bumpstop out?.....

thanks....

you would think i could figure this out since i do all my own work.....installed lift , rebuild engine...etc...lol....

i havejust never delt with a BB before...

:us:

Yep, you'll prolly have to take the spring out, unless you somehow wiggle the spacer in there above it/through it. Definitely check brake lines now, especially if you didn't do much w/ Rusty's lift. Your shocks will now be limiting your travel, and out of their comfort zone depending on your height after install. How much has it sagged? 2" spacers are definitely gonna raise the front higher than the rear, unless the rear is higher than 3". Shock conversions up front I know will add some additional travel for the shock (by lowering the mounting point).

Some bumpstops are threaded on with a welded-in bolt in the cup. Others have a nut/bolt under the bumpstop itself. You pull the bumpstop out and then loosen the nut, then take off the cup. Once either of these is done the coil spacer can be slid up into position.

Last edited:
5Cent said:
Yep, you'll prolly have to take the spring out, unless you somehow wiggle the spacer in there above it/through it. Definitely check brake lines now, especially if you didn't do much w/ Rusty's lift. Your shocks will now be limiting your travel, and out of their comfort zone depending on your height after install. How much has it sagged? 2" spacers are definitely gonna raise the front higher than the rear, unless the rear is higher than 3". Shock conversions up front I know will add some additional travel for the shock (by lowering the mounting point).

yeah the rear gave me about 4'' and i am going to be getting a winch bumper soon so i figured i might as well put the 2'' on to compensate for the bumper and the 1'' or so lost from the crappy front springs that came with the lift...

i have an adj tracbar purchase kinda pending with this guy i know..i figured i am going to go ahead and do the boost and then put the trac bar on when i get it...or is that a really bad idea?..

i am also looking into the limiting of flex from the shocks.....shouldnt be a problem since i am getting ready to do extended bumpstops in the front right?.....should ineed new brake lines?...i mean as far as length?.....they seem like they have plenty of room right now....i WANT stainless..but cant see forkin out the cash for those ya konw....seems a bit much for brake line!!

anyhoo..comments welcome if i am doing something wrong here!!!!

jeepinairman said:
yeah the rear gave me about 4'' and i am going to be getting a winch bumper soon so i figured i might as well put the 2'' on to compensate for the bumper and the 1'' or so lost from the crappy front springs that came with the lift...

i have an adj tracbar purchase kinda pending with this guy i know..i figured i am going to go ahead and do the boost and then put the trac bar on when i get it...or is that a really bad idea?..

i am also looking into the limiting of flex from the shocks.....shouldnt be a problem since i am getting ready to do extended bumpstops in the front right?.....should ineed new brake lines?...i mean as far as length?.....they seem like they have plenty of room right now....i WANT stainless..but cant see forkin out the cash for those ya konw....seems a bit much for brake line!!

anyhoo..comments welcome if i am doing something wrong here!!!!

If i were you i'd def. get the adjustable trac bar on there. If your short on cash and can't get stainless brake lines, just go and get YJ brake lines, there a couple inches longer then the cherokee lines and will work great.

jeepinairman said:
should ineed new brake lines?...i mean as far as length?.....they seem like they have plenty of room right now....i WANT stainless..but cant see forkin out the cash for those ya konw....seems a bit much for brake line!!

The brake lines will look fine now but when you are articulated and turning you will need some length. I ALMOST found out the hard way.

you probably hang out with people who drive jeeps - and one of your friends has to drive a YJ...

ask him for his stock front brake lines that he took off when he lifted - i bought mine for $5.00
if you get new ones - make sure to get one for the right hand side and one for the left... - they are different part numbers and the plate at the end of the line is a different shape for either side...

also - when i installed my RRO spacers, i dindt have to remove the bumpstop, they slid right over the tower and everything... no problems yet...

Back