• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Call For Help!!

jeepcherokee95

NAXJA Forum User
I have been attempting a dual fan conversion for some time now (I have limited free time to work on the XJ) and I have run into a snag - a rather large snag!

I have managed to get the stock fan and shaft out of the A/C bracket but once I got the bracket re-installed and tried to check the fan I realized I didn't really have any mounting points to attach it to the radiator supports!

I bought a ZIRGO 16" fan because it has a 3300 cfm rating and it was $100.00. Price was not the issue when I bought it but cfm was...now I am wondering if I should have worried more about price and gotten a different fan and let cfm suffer!

It did come with the "legs" to mount to the fan and "wherever" its just that I don't see any good mounting points for it...any suggestions and ESPECIALLY PICS would be greatly appreciated!

I don't know how to post pics on here so if you can tell me how to do that I will post when done.

Thanks in advance for your help!

JC95

Last edited:
Just go to the local auto parts store and pickup a oil cooler/fan universal mountaing kit. It looks like a zip tie with a square end on it and goes through the radiator coils. Works fine and its pretty cheap. The other solution is to make a bracket from the upper and lower tie bars and bolt it that way. Its been done before so the search button should be useful.

Back