• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

fuel filter?

blue95xj

<---- Brrrrrrrr!
does anyone know where the fuel filter would be on a 95 xj

Near the gas tank, above the left rear wheel.

It's easy to change, just don't get a FRAM. I did and it leaked around the seam. Put in a WIX from NAPA and all is well.

thanks guys, I work at jiffy lube (just started a couple weeks ago) and i've done a couple of XJs now and looked (not to terribly hard) and must have just overlooked it. I appreciate it though. also thanks for the information on the FRAM.

blue95xj said:
thanks guys, I work at jiffy lube (just started a couple weeks ago) and i've done a couple of XJs now and looked (not to terribly hard) and must have just overlooked it. I appreciate it though. also thanks for the information on the FRAM.
On the 97 and newer XJs with the plastic gas tank, there is no external filter. On those models it's built into the fuel pump and is serviced only if/when you replace the pump.

that's why i didn't see it one was a 2000 and the other was a 2001 thanks for the post

On my '98 you can replace the filter w/o anything else, still a nightmare from any perspective, but I believe the way my parts guy explained it to me is the pump unit consists of pump, regulator, sender, filter, the latter two individually replaceable.

Don't ask me how I know this...

Back