• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some quick NP231 help!!! Wont split!

ghettocruiser

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. Well, I started taking apart my transfer case tonight to install my SYE. I am at the point right now that I have to split the case and remove the rear half. I left it in the jeep due to limited worbench space and it seemed easy enough. Here is my problem. I cant get that case to separate to save my life. I can only see two areas for prying...and cant really even get a good bite on those areas. When I do, the stinking case seems to chip. I see more chip marks along the bottom...so maybe someone already pryed on it???

Are there any other tricks to getting this thing apart? I know how I would do it if it were steel...but Im scared of the aluminum. Let me know ASAP so I can finish this mess up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Justin

Haha yeah...Im not quite that helpless. But good suggestion...I was definetly sitting there searching for any lock rings or bolts that I forgot.

I finally got it apart. I guess I jumped the gun on posting for help. I came in, ate some dinner, had a cold one, went out and had it apart in about 20 minutes. It was a tough sucker... Its all good now. Im about 45 minutes from throwing the shafts back on and test driving her. Hopefully vibe free. Im assuming that my TC drop can come out now too...guess we'll see.

Thanks again!
Justin

Back