• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

91-92 coil springs

hammerhead

NAXJA Forum User
Are the coils used on 1991 and 92 XJ's the same?
A parts guy told me jeep made a change in the front suspension so there's difference, and I can't use 91 springs on my 92.?

only asking but why would you want to put '91 stock springs on your '92? Do you want even more sag. :laugh3:
not sure about the fit but I think it has something to do with the bumpstop changing

Anyone who says "the" part number for a factory spring is different doesn't know anything. There ain't no "the" involved. The factory parts system lists about 15 different springs for any particular year of XJ. Some of them cross over -- for example, the same spring that is in my 2000 XJ with Up Country is also used in some Grand Cherokee V8s from around 1997 and 1998.

Any spring for an XJ or ZJ (93 thru 98 Grand Cherokee) will fit. What changes is the spring rate and the ride height, and for that you're on your own.

Eagle said:
Anyone who says "the" part number for a factory spring is different doesn't know anything. There ain't no "the" involved. The factory parts system lists about 15 different springs for any particular year of XJ. Some of them cross over -- for example, the same spring that is in my 2000 XJ with Up Country is also used in some Grand Cherokee V8s from around 1997 and 1998.

Any spring for an XJ or ZJ (93 thru 98 Grand Cherokee) will fit. What changes is the spring rate and the ride height, and for that you're on your own.

All xj springs will fit under the XJ. The mounting brackets are identical from 1984 to 2001.. There is a difference in spring rates and very small difference in ride height but all will fit. you tell em boss

Back