• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 9 Inch question

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
I just aquired a ford 9 inch from my father in law. 31 spline,59 inch from backing plate to backing plate,5 on 4.5 bolt pattern. What in the world did this come out of?
Also is it worth anything? I don't have shafts for it but the rest is complete. I would love to make a little on it if I can sell it.

Could be an early bronco, a large lincoln or ford car, or a mustang. With the 5X4.5 BP I'm thinking is was from a car and not a truck.

YOu may be able to sell the housing and chunk for something...but I doubt you'd get much.

I'm betting it's from a 2wd Ford truck. 59" at the backing plates means it's probably about 64-65" wide total. nice that it's 5on4.5, but probably too wide for practical use with a D30.

here is an 81 F100 2wd:

with 5 on 4.5:

and 31 splines:

Bet its from an early lincoln someof em even had discs the only bummer is the axle is 29 spline if its from a car wich it sounds as if it is. but somebody maywant it. 59 inches seems narrow for use on a XJ though

gsmith said:
Bet its from an early lincoln someof em even had discs the only bummer is the axle is 29 spline if its from a car wich it sounds as if it is. but somebody maywant it. 59 inches seems narrow for use on a XJ though
Its 59 inches from the inside of the backing plate to the other one. I don't have the shafts so Im not sure on the total width since I don't have the shafts. I did count the splines on the center section though. Its 31 spline.

if you dont know what its out of and dont have the shafts then how do you know that it is 5 on 4.5? I pulled a 9" out of a 60s model truck that measured 59"s from backing plate to backing plate. it was 5 on 5.5

Back