• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anphibios XJ

HaZakated

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone here ever seen an amphibios mod on an XJ, if so, how is this modification done? Was just thinking about how one would do this if there were a way and figured if anyone knew, it would be people that use this site.

Brian

HaZakated said:
Has anyone here ever seen an amphibios mod on an XJ, if so, how is this modification done? Was just thinking about how one would do this if there were a way and figured if anyone knew, it would be people that use this site.

Brian
I think URF probably has a product for this....... but it would require a snorkel which URF WILL NOT provide nor endorse the use of.

j/k
No. I quite seriously doubt there is a market for "Amphibious XJ conversion kits". But you can tow a boat behind your XJ..... or strap a canoe to the top. Or even just wear some water wings while you drive.

Please excuse the fact that there was absolutely no value to my response.

I guess I could fabricate inflatable rubber doors, and rocker panels connected to air compressor for raft effect....lol
row, row, row ur Jeep....im fn crazy

Brian

Fill your XJ with Great STuff
gap.jpg

:laugh3:

I saw a team from England weld a bunch of 60 gal barrels together and strap it to an XJ and float the thing across a lake on Junkyard wars a couple of years ago. You could try something like that. It might reduce your fuel efficiency

Ian

It's been done with a jeep in the early 40s this came out of F*rd as the resolt of a military call for a small ship launched land vehicle... the problem was the lack of a test vehicle in the design phase. The Jeep implants ended up being ~20% heavier than estimated.

Seep.jpeg

Back