• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiper problem- new bushings again or new linkage?

92AKXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I didn't find a satisfactory answer through searching, so here it goes.

My wipers are stop short on mist/washer cycle but go to the trim (too far) during regular use. I replaced the plastic bushings once (~18 months ago). Is it worth doing again or should I look for a new (less used) linkage?

Thanks

It seems that changing the linkage won't make a difference because the play is all in the bushings. When you replace the bushings, smooth up the ball ends with 320 or finer sandpaper and put grease on them when you re-assemble.

Been having this problem myself too. Replaced the linkage and they just did the same thing after a while. I've heard you can replace the bushings, but where do you get them? would like to try that myself rather than replace the linkage again. as you have seen, it'll eventually do the same thing again.

NAPA - it's a Help! part number. I'm too idle to search for myself, but it's somewhere on here. Use lithium grease in the cups to make them run smoothly. I did mine a few months ago, and am more than happy with finding a cheap fix that works!

I know what you mean. I am the same way. I'll do as much as I can rather than pay out money I can't afford. We have NAPA here, but are abit different than the US ones, but if they can get, they will.

Back