• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

future XJ project

W

WilliesTJ

i have a '98 XJ sport 2dr with approx 250,000 plus miles on it. i am currently deployed to Iraq as part of the Tenn Nat Guard :us: . i am writing to ask for all possible ideas as to what i can do to my XJ when i get home. ultimately i want to build a vehicle that is 100% self sufficiant off-road. i'm not looking to build a super rockcrawler or anything like that, just a good all around trail vehicle i can drive daily also. since i have to buy the wife a freakin Kia :rattle: Sorento, i figure i can do something worthwhile to soon to be was hers to soon to be my XJ. thanks for any help.

The best plan for a daily driver would be to keep it under 6" of lift and 33" tires. from there it's mostly a money / personal preference issue.

Tax free is nice is'nt it?

i was looking at the RE 4.5 long arm lift, with 33's, i know i will have to trim fenders, but hey, it's great to have a 2 dr to work with.

98 2 door
drool.gif

oops, sorry, jeepfreak. it's either the 2dr XJ or my TJ, gonna build one or the other, until i win the lottery and can build both

Back