• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

retreads(yes i searched)

a_hiatt

NAXJA Forum User
its time to get some new tires. i'de like to take my swampers off now while they have tread so i could still have them to use later if i needed. 95% of road driving is in town 45 mph or less. and next year ill be at college and the jeep wont get driven much at all. i want to know if anyone has any bad opinions on retreads. for the money, its by FAR the best way to go and ive read nothing but good things about them. the only thing ive heard about is immediate blowouts but you get new tires free, no questions asked, if that happens. so im looking for some horror stories, other wise i will buy them. good reviews are fine too

thanks

I owned a set of their 33/12.50 mud terrains and they were excellent! Worked great in the mud, great in the rocks, and great on the street. I had mine for about 30,000 miles and I somehow got a flat and I called them to see if I could just plug it like a normal tire and they sent me a new one. Very good company to deal with. Never had a blowout or any problems with mine. I would recommend them to anyone who wants a really good inexpensive set of tires. I'm going to buy a set of their 35's a soon as I get the money.

I've been waiting for a chance to use this:D :

beatit1.gif

seriously, do a search for "hi-tec", that will give you plenty of opinions of people here

I have had my 235/75/15 OTR Muds on now for about 8 mounths, not sure how many miles. It is my daily driver and it gets used a lot. I couldnt be any more hapier with the tires, I think everyone is as skeptical as you in the begining. I work with a guy that has grown up around semi trucks and knows a lot about retreads. He was just telling me the other day how skeptical he was when I first got them and how surprised he is that they are still good. They dont look the best but for the price, they perform. The OTR muds sing pretty good on the highway. I might try there green diamond AT's next time around but so far the muds are great and the tread is really aggresive. They do want you to run them at full pressure all the time. I usually air them down to like 20-25 when I wheel but I wouldnt go any lower.

BrettM said:
I've been waiting for a chance to use this:D :

beatit1.gif

seriously, do a search for "hi-tec", that will give you plenty of opinions of people here

WTF is that? Weird beating of a dead horse... especially the last part. :confused: Wouldn't this be better? ---> Hasta

Bandag is another one who also makes or made some good stuff, their racing recaps are good, ran them on a dune buggy, hot sand and road driving. No complaints.

Back