• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

towhook bracket bolts

mack

NAXJA Forum User
does anyone know what's up with the driver side hole just past the steering box bolts? the bolt won't come out the other side, i'm using them with my bumper to winch with, so i have to get a bolt in there.
the other side worked just fine, can i drill the frame to use all the holes in the brackets ?the green is primer.
truckin048.jpg

If I remember right one side is a nut and bolt and the other side is a bolt and a nut welded into the frame rail. Do you have all 3 parts of the tow hook bracket? You also need item #15 and the extra support in the 2nd pic, especially if you are going to winch.
standard.jpg

standard.jpg

na, i don't have the L-shaped ones...:dunno: where can i find the bolt i need for the drivers side?

is there a nut on the other side of the drivers side frame rail?

You got me curious about this so I crawled under and checked it out. It has been over a year since I did my bumper project and I kinda forgot some. There is a #11 and #12 on each side that go thru the holes shown all the way thru the "framerail" into the engine compartment. #11 is about 4 or 5 inches long. The extra holes in the towhook bracket are for a winch kit that is no longer made or available. The second set of holes let the bumper move forward to give room between the bumper and cross member under the radiator. I don't know what size the bolts are, but whatever fits should work. Grade 5 or better. As long as you don't drill thru any thing or interfere with the swaybar extra bolts might be good. I made some of the L shaped brackets out of some angle iron from the steel supplier for a friend. The L shaped ones help tie together the front crossmember and the tow hook brackets. It also reinforces the 2 holes for the #10 at the end of the "framerail" .

Last edited:
Back