• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help Im in the middle of my sye install

joecool

NAXJA Forum User
forgive me for not searching through every thread, but you understand im in the middle of an install. Anyway, I just got the transfercase open and i cant figure out how to remove the shafts. I pull, but they just wont budge. Anyhelp would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ok one more question, and I figured I might as use my thread since its here. I am doing the AA sye install on my 94 xj. So the directions say to remove the needle bearings from the drive sproket. Anyway, in all the articles I have read about sye installs and how easy they are no one has yet to mention remvoing bearings, which i assume requires a press. So am I missing something here or are all the articles written by people with presses or preople that just have the newer style shaft? Thanks.

joecool said:
Ok one more question, and I figured I might as use my thread since its here. I am doing the AA sye install on my 94 xj. So the directions say to remove the needle bearings from the drive sproket. Anyway, in all the articles I have read about sye installs and how easy they are no one has yet to mention remvoing bearings, which i assume requires a press. So am I missing something here or are all the articles written by people with presses or preople that just have the newer style shaft? Thanks.
When I did mine (242 case w/Tom Woods sye) I toke the needle bearings out, re-packed the drive sproket (?) with grease, and put the needle bearings back in by hand. As far as I know (99% sure) you should not have to press them back in. Just make sure you put them all back in!

no you do have to take them out and you don't need a press just patients lol use a big socket the same size of them and hammer on it lol i didn't have a socket so i used an old dirt bike piston i had lol but that should do the trick

Back