• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tereflex Revolver Shackles

xj-fx

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone using Tereflex Revolver Shackles or know someone who is. Is it a worthwhile mod?
1988 XJ.
Thanks

xj-fx said:
Anyone using Tereflex Revolver Shackles or know someone who is. Is it a worthwhile mod?
1988 XJ.
Thanks

I went to the 4wheel parts store for an IFWDA event a week ago and every Jeep that went through the Rock Garden had Revolvers on them...and I watched them working up close and I liked what I was seeing. I have a brand new set that fit a YJ's frontend or the rear of any 76' - 86' CJ....I was thinking about trying to make them fit on my XJ somehow...or maybe selling/trading them for some XJ ones.
Aron

803060_73_full.jpg

great flex, need lifted loose springs and long shocks.
have a set of revolvers off my '88; reworking rear suspension now,
if interested let me know

I won a pair from TOR at a NAXJA raffle and installed them. Honestly I didn't see a real improvement with +3" AAL & the open diffs.

But I left them on and swapped in +5" leafs and a spooled/4.56:1 44... first launch on pavement they opened up and slammed shut enough to stop the presses and I put the MJ shackles back on. I can't imagine the mess having them do that over real terrain. "Normal" spring wrap is bad enough.

I would expect that from launching on PAVEMENT...lol. The only time I really have to "launch" when off-roading is in deep mud...and axle-wrap really never bothered me when I wasn't getting traction in the first place (like in mud). So for off-roading I think they're good....at least they were all working good all the way through the Rock Garden....and most of those rigs had them on the front and rear.
Aron

Back