• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

country trim

Dragon_Fly

NAXJA Forum User
Are the XJ's Limited and the Country trim levels the same thing?
We are looking at an 1991 Limited fully loaded and a 1993 Country that is out of state but still within the price range.

No. They differ in interior trim only. I have a limited (92) which is rather stark in trim in that it is all black. My 90 Laredo has a lot of chrome and silver in the trim.
I believe both have leather but the Country has the wood simulation interior and I believe is usually lighter in color.
Both were top of the trim category.

The Country model could be bare bones too. I have a 93 that has all the woodgrain trim but no leather, power windows, skids etc. It does have dealer installed power door locks with factory cruise control, tilt wheel, 4.0/AX15/231 but my 89 Laredo could be considered more luxurious.

It took some investigation for me to find out I have a country...

95 XJ country
power everything
AW4 tranny
2h, p/t4h, f/t4h, 4low
cloth seats power driver
driver side airbag
skid plate on gas only

Mine is the ever popular green color.

love it and only had it wheelin once since October but...SUMMERS ALMOST HERE!

workin on fuel mileage now...it sux at the pumps!

Skid plates were never part of the trim level packages, so don't confuse the issue by talking about them and trim. Skid plates were available on ALL trim levels, either as a "protection" package or as part of an "off-highway" or "Up Country" option package. Thius is unrelated to the trim level, which affects only appearance and comfort items like chrome or black exterior mirrors, power or manual antenna, power or manual windows and locks, etc. Country models were only available with auto tranny. I think Limiteds also were auto only, but Laredos could be ordered with 5-speed.

Back