• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what are the best tires

94xjkyle

NAXJA Forum User
i am buying some new tires soon and i want to know what you guys think are the beast for off road, and this is a daily driver vehical so the street preformance is important

need a lot more info from ya.

Just get some BFg ATs. especially if street performance is important.

If you want a mud tire with decent street behavior...i like my new TRXUS Mts.

i dont realy care about road noise or how smooth the ride is, i dont want the tires to ware really fast and, on avrage i drive 150-200 miles a week.
as far as what kind and how often i go wheelin, i go whenever i can wherever i can, so i want them to be good in the mud and rocks, mostly mud but usualy every weekend i go somewhere and do a little wheelin.

i am rollin on some warn out at's and i cant get any good wheelin time in and thats y i want to know what you guys think is the best.
thanks for the help guys

check out the Trxus m/t's....great all around tire

trxus mt's sound like they ought to suit you

94xjkyle said:
i dont realy care about road noise or how smooth the ride is, i dont want the tires to ware really fast and, on avrage i drive 150-200 miles a week.
as far as what kind and how often i go wheelin, i go whenever i can wherever i can, so i want them to be good in the mud and rocks, mostly mud but usualy every weekend i go somewhere and do a little wheelin.

i am rollin on some warn out at's and i cant get any good wheelin time in and thats y i want to know what you guys think is the best.
thanks for the help guys

What size are we talking about? And since you don't care about noise or smooth ride just get some swampers. As far as wear any mud/ rock tire you put on a rig will wear quicker on the road than an AT. They also like to wear unevenly if not rotated frequently. Check Interco Tires site for sizes and specifications.

The next tires im buying are the Goodyear Wrangler MT/R. They come stock on the rubicon. A friend of mine says that they might not be the most agressive off road tires, but they do very well. They also wear very slowly and provide a smooth ride on the road as well as a great look.
Brian

If money is no object then I'd go with some sort of Swamper Radial...with the next choice being BFG-Mud-Terrains. But if you're looking to do this on a budget I found some tires that you can order at your local Sam's Club...or Wal-Mart that do really well in the mud. They ride and wear good too. I've owned lots of different off-road tires in the past...just about any and all kinds and I'd have to say that these el-cheapo's have really surprised/impressed me. They're pretty aggressive on the outer 2/3rd's but not quite as open as BFG muds in the center. They're close...and they clean out well but they're a lil less open right around the very middle. You can see a picture of them here:

803060_62.jpg

HEY ! Whaddya Know?....I actually posted a PIC !....LOL

Anyways...I got a set of these in 35"x12.50"-15"s for $124 bucks apiece...so I'd just about bet you could get them in 33"s or less for under $400 bucks...give or take a few bucks.
Aron

Last edited:
no such thing as a good all terrain in the mud. i have Bfg all terrains for the street,( completley worthless off road in the mud) they would be "ok" for rocks that were dry. and i have Swamper TSL's for off-road. bfg muds are a good compromise for all around use, as are pro comp, trxs and mtr's .

can you enlighten us to what they are called

All they say on them is......in outlined white letters..." SUPER SPORT on 1st half of tire's sidewall...then "RADIAL HT" on the 2nd half of the tire's sidewall. I haven't been able to find any manufacturer's info about them yet. I can show you a pic of the sidewall as well...if you need/want to see it.

Aron

thats ok, just thought you were leaving it out. so there just generic wal mart tires then

Ramsey said:
thats ok, just thought you were leaving it out. so there just generic wal mart tires then

Yep. Either Wal-Mart...or in some places...they may only be available at Sam's Club. But they do REALLY well....I'm trying to find out who really makes them....I'm thinking Falls/Mastercraft....or Cooper maybe. I did have to order the 35"s in....they weren't in stock. This is my 2nd set of these and I wouldn't hesitate to buy a 3rd if needed.
Aron

Back