• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

spicer pinion yoke part numbers

OLAK

NAXJA Forum User
I have just installed a dana 44 into the cherokee, and found that the original pinion yoke is too sloppy. I thought I could just take the d35 one over, but they are different OD on the seal surface. (Why the hell do they do that to me??) CAn anyone supply a part number for the D44 pinion yoke

I don't have the part number you need but you might want to consider getting the yoke set up for u-bolts instead of the weaker stock straps. That's what I did when I needed a new yoke for my D44.

JEEPZZ said:
I don't have the part number you need but you might want to consider getting the yoke set up for u-bolts instead of the weaker stock straps. That's what I did when I needed a new yoke for my D44.
I was looking at the spicer catalogue, and its a bit confusing. I think the part number is 2-4-8081, which is the u bolt style. I'm just pissed that they had to change the yoke ever so slightly between the d35 and 44 ( the 35 is actually quite a bit heavier)

I was just down at Six States and they informed me that spicer has discontinued the u-bolt style yokes. Randy's R&P is selling their own brand though. Sorry I don't have the part numbers handy.

The part number I want for the d44 is 2-4-8091x. Apparently this is the same pinion as the d30. Weird how the d30 and d44 have the same pinion and the d35 is an odd ball one

Back