• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another long arm question....

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
i have read all the threads on here about long arms and who is the best and why..... I am going to be going with the complete CLayton LA kit 6.5 . I noticed someone said on here that leafs in the rear are pointless because they dont match the front flex? If you go on claytons website in the tech article area they have pictures of a prototype rear coil over he did and the flex is INSANE ! the most i have ever seen on a cherokee that still has a body. DO i save up and do the whole front and rear LA system with coil conversion . or just get the 6.5 regular LA kit? are the rear coils worth the $ .

thanks keith

Isn't the Clayton kit the one that comes with the flat bellypan? If so, I think that you can upgrade the rear at a later date. That way you can get the front now...or at least sooner. You can wheel with just the front...and see how YOU like it. You're the only one who will know which set-up you really like especially after wheeling it for awhile.
I've been thinking about doing this exact same thing with mine. I'd like to have the option of someday upgrading the rear to a 4 link to match the front. I can't remember for sure which longarm kit has the upgradeable center belly pan/skid/crossmember. I do remember though that it looked like it tucked the longarms up into the crossmember nicely and the side view had tons of clearance. Good luck in which ever you choose to get.
Aron

Back