• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Installing rear flares?

hoytinak

NAXJA Forum User
Getting ready to install my TJ flares this weekend. What's the best way to attach the rears. I'm gonna be splitting them on the door. Should I used rivets, self drilling screws, or other? Thanks!
Trevor

Ive done it two ways once with small nuts and bolts and again with self tapping screws. Both work fine but be sure to use large washers to keep anything from pulling through the plastic. If you don't they'll start to miss shape. With the bolts I've smashed the fenders in on trees and just popped them out, I don't know if they'd of stayed on with the screws.

I just (15 minutes ago) attached my rear TJ flares with self tapping screws. Seemed to work fine.

i bolted mine on and used big ole washers.. worked well

xjmess.bmp

jeeprecentre-sized.bmp

Ace Hardware has some bolt with large washers that are intergral to the bolt head and they're black so that they won't even show. Looks aren't everything, but it's always good if you can do it and make it look cool at the sem time! :laugh3:

Robert

I used self tapping screws, and they haven't budged. You can lean on them and they will not move, and they'll start to pull at the metal if smashed against a wall, but will not come off no matter how hard I "try"

real nice, thanks for pics. i ummm lost a couple flares last week, that was my first time out!!! they now know me as FLARE-LESS, lol
thanks again, i'll look into this install.

norm

Back