• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just Installed Locker.. Have a couple questions

DaveHillier

NAXJA Forum User
I just had a Lock-Right locker put in my 89 XJ Dana 35. Everything went well but the pin that goes through the carrier was too big, so for now I am using the old one as it is still in good shape. I drove it around and I like the way if feels and it seems to wrong correctly but when I put it from Drive to Reverse it seems like the driveshaft spins and then catches to make a small thrash. It just seems like there is more play in the rear end. It also seems to roll farther when in Park then it did before. I'm just wonder if it is normal or not. It always did bang a bit when going from Drive to Reverse but its more now. Thanks

The backlash DOES increase with any locker I've ever used.
The new cross shaft will need to be installed, since it's quite a bit stronger than the OEM one. Simply hone out the holes in the carrier a bit and slide it in. It took me about 30 seconds with a dremel.

Back