• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seat question

richie

NAXJA Forum User
I bought a 95 xj that I am parting out and was going to swap the interior into my '93. I noticed the seat frames are totally different.Has anyone out there swapped like this.My floor is flat where as the 95 has the rib across it and the frames bolt into the rib.I hope I can use them because I really like the reclining seats compared to my stationary ones.Thanks for the help and also GREAT FORUM!

Jeep changed to the newer style mounts in 95. You'll have to remove the seat from the rails and swap it over to the older style rails in your 93. I'm not sure if this is a direct swap or not but I've seen many pics of pre95 XJ's with the newer seats in them.
Let me know what mods were needed if you decide to make the swap.

I looked at it again and I think after I get all the parts off of it I want to keep, I may drill the welds out of the rib that the seat tracks bolt to and spot weld them into my floorpan.This way I would not have to rig the sliders or brackets.I would have to order a carpet set for a '95 or newer I guess to cover the rib. By the way, SWEET lookin Jeep!! I hope to have mine that nice soon.

Back