• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who sells front 2" Hitch for XJ

woodkrawler

NAXJA Forum User
Im looking for a vendor that sells a 2" reciever hitch for an XJ. I really want one that comes out just under the bumper as my fairing is removed and fenders trimmed. Anybody know of one that sits directly under the bumper, meaning you cut the fairing on stock XJ, and doesn't stick out any further than the bumper? pics would be AWSOME!!

thanks
Lincoln

woodkrawler said:
Im looking for a vendor that sells a 2" reciever hitch for an XJ. I really want one that comes out just under the bumper as my fairing is removed and fenders trimmed. Anybody know of one that sits directly under the bumper, meaning you cut the fairing on stock XJ, and doesn't stick out any further than the bumper? pics would be AWSOME!!

thanks
Lincoln

Don't have a pic, but I have a Hidden Hitch (got it from hitchfinder.com , or something like that) and the receiver is right below the bumper, about as close as a hitch could be. The bottom of the hitch is basically in the same place as the front fascia was before I pulled it off, even with the bottoms of my endcaps.

I got mine from e-trailer..just under $100 shipped. Its a draw-tite hitch. I chose this one over the hidden hitch because the loops on the sides are alittle beefier than the hidden hitch...otherwise I would have gone hidden hitch. Ill post a pic.

648974_53_full.jpg

648974_56_full.jpg

Install was a breeze once I removed the front bumper..that makes things much easier. Sorry I dont have any better pics...

www.etrailer.com

Justin

Just tracked this down for ya:
http://www.jeep-tech-tips.com/front-hitch-install.html
Good install article as well as some better pics of the draw-tite version. There are two pics showing the drawtite next to the hidden hitch and youll see the difference in the loops I was talking about...

Last edited:
I take it back....actually mine is a DrawTite hitch, I had a brain fart....i got it for the same reason as ghetto, the tow loops are much beefier and better mountain than the ones on the Hidden hitch and is very low profile....haven't actually used it for anything yet though...

I have one I just took off my 99 XJ. They bolt into the frame rail, along each side of the gas tank. Most XJ's have the nuts on the passengers side of the frame rail. Most unless you have a factory or aftermarket gas tank skid, need an additional nut-group (what ever they are called) purchased from the Jeep dealer. That is all that is needed to mount the 2" receiver hitch.
I am installing a new bumper with a built-in receiver and therefore do not need the one I removed.
If you are interested I would sell the one I just took off for $50., plus shipping. That would be for the receiver hitch, no bolts or nuts. Excellent/good condition - no rust, used but not abused. You would have to buy 6-8 high-grade bolts that fit the nuts-rail in your unibody (plus the nut-rail for the drivers side, if you don't already have one). You can email me or reply.

I got mine from hitchfinder.com as well. It tucks very nicely up under bumper and is just a hair over $100 shipped! Easy to install and all the hardware. Also has the loops at both ends, very beefy, good mod.

who makes the tightest fitting rear hitch? i saw the drawtite one on etrailer?

ghettocruiser...
how did you get yours for less than $100.00? they are $109.00 on etrailer?

thanks
lincoln

Just to add to the melee with something semi-related... If you plan on using your hitches for towing of any sort, you really should be looking into a tranny cooler. They're a lot cheaper then rebuilding or replacing transmissions.

casm said:
Just to add to the melee with something semi-related... If you plan on using your hitches for towing of any sort, you really should be looking into a tranny cooler. They're a lot cheaper then rebuilding or replacing transmissions.
Don't mean to be a hijacker but should I be good with a 90 XJ w/4.0 & 5spd towing an S10 about 100 miles?

woodkrawler...I got my hitch almost a year ago now...and I just installed it last month. I dont remember exactly how much it was...but I thought it was under $100... $109 is close to $100 so that could have been it. Or maybe there was a special. I kind of bought all my jeep stuff in one lump purchase because I love having parts laying around... haha.

Justin

Back