• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ front bumpers-custom built

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeepnutdaddy

NAXJA Forum User
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=297628953
here's the pictures of our first custom bumper-a 'hand tool' installation-no drilling, no welding. 3x4 steel tubing, 1 1/4" bent bars, 1/4" plate on all reinforcements and gussets.
21" frame rail reinforcement plate-transfers any front end hit down the frame instead of collapsing.
We are going to make available only TWELVE of these at $400 to get them out into the field and hardcore tested...
vehicle shown is a 95 XJ that also got a 3" terraflex lift kit (coils, add a leaf, rancho5000 shocks) but the entire bumper assembly is made to go on easily.
2" built in reciever hitch, and plates for adding your own auxilary and fog lights. Not a lightweight unit-its heavy but one person can manage it!
We'll be marketing it under the Skinny Pete Outdoor Gear name....no website yet but we're working on it!
If interested, we're in New Hampshire and will deliver for free within a 2 hour drive of Claremont, New Hampshire...maybe a little further....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://community.webshots.com/user/signman106
try going this way to webshots.com, my id-and you'll see the skinnypete.biz album-supposed to be 'public' viewing, if you still can't see it, email me direct and I'll send you 'email invitation' from webshots that lets you in.
sorry for those that can't follow the link.
Feel free to see my other pics of our trips there...once the snow leaves I have to update our 'family pic' since 2 of the jeeps have changed...the 95 XJ has the big tires and new bumpers, and the Rubicon is getting the same shortly....
[email protected]

just got a message from someone asking about mounting a winch on the bumper...
there is only about 4" space behind the bumper to the grill..so not much room for hiding one behind it like some other brands...but you could weld or bolt a winch plate on TOP of it with no problem-but then you would block any aux. lights if you mounted them between the bars.
We figured a reciever mount winch is the easiest way to do it-because then you can move it to the rear if needed.....
if anyone did order a skinnypete bumper as we have designed it-and sent us the winch mounting plate-we could weld it in place and paint it all at the same time for a clean look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back