• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

back up and cruise control electrical problems

small pederson

NAXJA Forum User
i was messing around with my aux back up lights the other day and swapped the live and ground on accident. my backup lights and cruise control stopped working after. ive checked all the fuses on the interior panel and bulbs, all are good. i also looked at the cruise control fuse (slot #6) and i have no idea how to tell if its bad? anyway i was looking at my manual and it said that there are breakers that need to be reset? where the heck are these? i tried disconnecting the battery for a while but no effect. anybody got any suggestions as to why my backups and cruise dont work and went out at the same time? share a fuse? its a 94

btt btw its an auto, and i really dont think its the NSS

You should be able to tell by looking at the fuse if it is bad, or not. If it is good you will be able to see the wire inside the little case. Your breakers should be on the inside fuse pannel, but they also should atomatically reset. Although you may have damaged one with the mishap. There is also a box of fuses under the hood you can check too. I'm not to shure of the first year for it, but I'm shure your 94 has both. I have always though "first year for 4.0 first year for underhood fuse box". Somone please set me straight on that if I'm wrong.

like i said i didnt see any damaged fuses. if somebody has the factory repair manual could they see if there is any more info about breakers? thanks

Bueller. Bueller. Bueller.

great, could somebody tell me where a good place to buy a full service manual is?

where at in bellingham??? I am up there right now visiting my parents thru the weekend. I don't have a manual for the 94, but I am a pretty good tech and could look at it for ya. Let me know. Pm me for my phone #....

Scott.

sorry, im in gig harbor right now on break. thanks though

Back