• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

swaybar hitting coils

nuttinbuttmudd

NAXJA Forum User
after i lifted the jeep for some reason the passenger side coil springs is closer to the sway bar then what it was factory...

only hits the sway bar if we hit a bump sound terrible also...

both lowerarms are set the same length so that is not it ,i have looked at everything anyone else have this happen to them ?

if i disconnect the sway bar with the JKS's it wont swing up and down freely it rubs the spring..........

suggestions ?

hmmm moving it toward front of jeep ? thought about that one

but was just wondering if suppin was wrong from doing the lift? or is this a common factor that happens often ?

I have an 85 wagoneer with a 3 inch lift and my sway bar is very close to my spring but has about a half of an inch between them. Mine has not hit the spring. I took my sway bar off because my truck is in the mud and trails only.

nuttinbuttmudd said:
hmmm moving it toward front of jeep ? thought about that one

but was just wondering if suppin was wrong from doing the lift? or is this a common factor that happens often ?

Very common. It wont hurt anything or afect performance in any way. Live with it or get a relocations kit.

pull the swaybar over toward the side it is hitting and then hose clamp right next to the bracket. This would keep the swaybar from sliding toward that side. I did it 4 months ago and its been working like a charm. 4" lift in the front

or you can do what i did .i heard the relocators suck and bend(any brand there all the same) so i took the swaybar and cut an inch or so off bothside .ground the ends flat and redrilled new holes.works like a charm plus it will make the swaybar a little stiffer do to there being less leverage.

348swaybar-med.JPG

Back