• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header/Exhaust amnifold opitions?

Weasel

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Yeah, it's been trashed to death, but for every year newer then mine.

What opitions do I ahve for a 89/4.0/Auto? And don't say banks or Borla cause they don't make anything.

So far all I have found is Mopar or stock. Mako offroad sells some on ebay but they look questionable. Anyone got any hookups with the mopar units?

Actually I am going to say Borla. My friend has a '89 4.0L with an auto tranny and runs a Borla header. I have seen it so I know it exists. I bet if you searched, you could find something relating to Borla headers and 4.0L non HO motors :)

AARON

I am actually running a borla on my 90 now. The only problem I have run into is the collector will get hit by the front friveshaft yolk when turning right. Not much but a little. I found that just dialing up my shocks solved this. Or of course a lift would too. Look it up at truckperformance.com. It isnt cheap though.

Last edited:
Dude...

I found tons of prices for my '88...

Borla OR Banks both work on the non-HO's... or HO's

Don't know the specific year breakdowns but in most cases you can run the newer ones by plugging the EGR or eliminating it...

the HO/non HO exhaust ports line up IIRC...

It's the intakes that really changed...

and yes...

flogger200x257.jpg

I've searched through most everything I could find and nowhere have I found any info stating that the 91+ headers will fit the older engines. And since banks and borla, don't list their as fitting a 87-89/90 engine, I figured there must be a reason. I look into it more.

I had the Pace Setter with thier Armour coat, on an '88 with manual tranny.. They did OK. I am going with Clifford with their black ceramic coating, about $375 plus shipping. They are not listed for 87-90, but they do have the bung for the EGR setup. You would have to drill the hole though. That is the difference between the 87-90 and the HO's. The HO's don't have the EGR set-up.
Tom

Back