• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead Console install in a 93

vfly172

NAXJA Forum User
I just won a overhead console on ebay it says from a 94. It is the full console with the front and rear lights, and the digital readout. My XJ never had an overhead console. Just the keyless entry sensor. I am wondering if there is a harness I can buy to make the wiring real easy. Also what sensors will I need to buy, temp and compass? Does anyone have any for sale?

The compass is (or should be) in the small computer in the display. The temp sensor is located behind the front bumper, centered on the valance behind the license plate and may actually be on your vehicle. There have been quite a few threads about the overhead console and even installation - judging by the "similar threads" list at the bottom of this page it looks like there are probably four that will work for you right there.

Back