• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my money pit just got bigger

stu's jeep's

NAXJA Forum User
ok my jeep is at my local shop putting on my factory up country springs in front and back and new control arm's in front and my sho noitced my bushing on the axle were bad also is this true when i only have 90k on it i also added 2, 1.75 spacer's up front and a 1 1/2 add leaf in the rear and my stock shocks do not work . is this possible :exclamati :exclamati and i am also adding my 2" transfercase drop will that help with any vibes :exclamati I was orig going with a 3" lift but my shop said it is a 3" is this possible or just the spring are need to settle down :rattle:I got Rancho RS5000 are they any good thank for any input :hang: :hang:

The Up Country Supsensions usually sit about an inch higher, but from the sounds of you set up, it's not quite 3" total. Bushing will go out on the control arms, that's nothing to freak out about. Are you getting stock or after market control arms?

Ive never heard of anyone using a 2" T-case drop,it will bind the linkage for sure!

I don't see why they would have you buy new stock control arms, all you need are new bushings. If you were to get new arms, I would get Adjustables, so that you can correct caster.

it was down to $$$$ cheaper for new arm's,, my shop said sometimes they will get rusted in the arm and it takes time to install them and at a per hr rate i want to do it easy and cost effictive to buy arms

katarn444 said:
Sorry to say it but it sounds as if you are getting ripped off.

I kinda hafta agree here... why pay all that money for someone to install what amounts to a cobbled together lift that will still give you problems after all is said and done? For all the money in labor you could have had a really well engineered 3" kit and learned alot about your Jeep in the process by enlisting the help of some NAXJA friends for a wrench party. Good luck all the same.

Back