• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaf Spring Pin Question

Scrub2k

NAXJA Forum User
ok well i just installed my lift on sunday and as we were finishing the rear leafs i had to run and take care of a family emergency so my good buddy finished tightening up the leafs and put the plate back on top of the leafs and connected the ubolts and everything, when i got back i took a quick look and everything looked good, but ive had some weird clunking noises and stuff so i went out and took a look at it and i just noticed that my buddy dident use the leaf spring center pins that i had gotten and told him to use he used just some regular bolts and nuts that were in my toolbox, now the head on the bolt dident fit into the hole on the bottom plate on the top of the axle so its just sitting there floating around on top of the mounting plate on the axle.

How bad is this? i plan on going to summit and picking up another set of leaf spring pins today and throwing those in. but would this be causing the clinking sounds from the rear when i stop and then get back on the gas????

thanks

-Matt-

Most definetly it'll let the rear end shift be carefull.

Looks to me like you have a handle on what's going on.

It will move around. I'd say don't drive it until you get the real pins in there just as a precaution. _nicko_

Scrub2k said:
How bad is this? i plan on going to summit and picking up another set of leaf spring pins today and throwing those in. but would this be causing the clinking sounds from the rear when i stop and then get back on the gas????

thanks

-Matt-

Yeah IMO that's bad enough to NOT drive it till you get the rear end installed correctly.

Back