• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new fab idea...good ..stupid..alright?

Silverstreak01

NAXJA Forum User
i have American Racing baja rims. they are chrome and look really good all cleaned up. the problem is Rock Rash. I came up with the idea of a solid piece of heavy duty aluminum that fits on th inside "ring" of the wheel. to attach it have a special type of center cap that a rod could thread into. so all you have to do is put the ring in place slide the rod down through, thread it into the center cap untill tight. then no more rock rash? i know they would probably get destroyed hardcore wheeling. but for daily driver "pretty" rigs that want to play around but no trash there rims would it be worth it?..

keith

sounds like a good thought.. but dont think it would work really well.. you would have a rather large piece of metal rotating away from its mounting point.. I think there would be problems with balance and keeping everything tight. Basically... dont take pretty things wheeling.. and you'll be fine...

Silverstreak01 said:
i have American Racing baja rims. they are chrome and look really good all cleaned up. the problem is Rock Rash. I came up with the idea of a solid piece of heavy duty aluminum that fits on th inside "ring" of the wheel. to attach it have a special type of center cap that a rod could thread into. so all you have to do is put the ring in place slide the rod down through, thread it into the center cap untill tight. then no more rock rash? i know they would probably get destroyed hardcore wheeling. but for daily driver "pretty" rigs that want to play around but no trash there rims would it be worth it?..

keith

Since when is rock rash a problem?

:D

Sounds like much more trouble than it's worth. You're covering up a nice rim with an aluminum disc to keep the wheel looking pretty? Sounds like an exercise in futility to me..............damn, I love that saying. :)

i dont know i just thought (keyword...haha) that these kids or whoever buying these nice shiny rims instead of trashing them could keep them looking nice buy a simple little procection ring.. sorry im just really really bored and my mind was wondering..

Back