• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AA SYE and TW DS Questions... still vibes

Purple

NAXJA Forum User
98XJ with teraflex 4" lift.... due to lots of vibes i went with AA SYE and TW DS... installed everything in a snap, but still getting vibes... when driving on the highway around 100-120km/h it does vibrate a little, ...its not much... but its noticable and you know its there... it only happens when i press the gas pedal and keep on driving, once i let go off the pedal it stops....
my concern is that if that still vibrates:
1. it will wear the ujoints
2. pissess me off cause i went with that kit to eliminate vibes.
what do you think my next step should be?

How's your pinion angle? Did you add axle shims?

no, no shims were added, what degree do you think should i use?

Purple said:
no, no shims were added, what degree do you think should i use?
You need to measure for yourself!All axle/spring/shackle combos are different!

my jeep was lifted about 3 months ago, and that meant replacing all of the stuff that you just mentioned except the UCAs. Where to buy shims? what kind to get? heard that some are metal and some aluminum, which ones are better? anyone know of a site where shimming is explained?

With a CV type driveshaft, the angle between the pinion and driveshaft should be close to 0 deg if not a little off to allow for spring wrap on accelleration. I'm not sure exactly what the allowable tolerances are though.

----------------------------------
90 2dr 6" RC4.5 + Tera LA + 1.5" blocks, 33" MTR, Currie Steering, Tom Woods SYE & Shaft, Flowmaster, Posilock

Thank you all:)))

Back