• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ring & Pinion Slip???

mingo

"De Oppresso Liber"
Background: recently had 4:10s installed. Has been Ok on street and DDriving. Went to Moab this afternoon to play alittle and a first I thought the tires were rubbing the fender when climbing. Thats what it sounded like. Looking at the wheel wheel there no rub marks. And it happens when I'm getting on it to get up a hill. Is it possible for the R&P to be slipping. It sure feels like it. I took it easy getting out to the hwy. Drove it into town, no problems, then drove home at 65-70 mph no problems. Need advise before taking to the shop tommorrow. D30 up front, 8.8 in the rear, 32"BFGs just for the info.

mingo said:
Is it possible for the R&P to be slipping.

No. Your trans could be slipping purhaps.

Your trans could be slipping purhaps

I do have the crappy BA10. But it sounds and feels like it comming from the rear end.

theyd have to fuck up royal to have the teeth jumping each other

stuck calliper on the rear discs on the 8.8 or a stuck drum if you got yours without discs...

never hurts to pull the dif cover and look for metal chunks at the bottom...

gear oil is cheap enough...

Think I got it figured out. Never removed the rear sway bar. Looked at it this morning (it was dark when I got home last night) there are some rub marks on the inside of the rear tire. Will remove it today and check inside the rear diff just to make sure. Thanks. I do have the diskbrakes.

Back