• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

transmission fluid

AD-8

NAXJA Forum User
ok today i brought my jeep back to my house, i has been sitting for about 2 months. When i was driving it home there was this awful grinding noise coming from the tranny (Ba10/5). soo when i got home i decided to drain it, soo i found a drain plug and unscrewed it, but nothing came out. soo i got my jack and jacked up the passenger side, a few drops came out and thats about it. Soo i didnt know where to refil it soo i took the shifter off and used the hole up there to fill. When i first took it off the fluid or somthing from in the tranny smelled like rotten eggs. someone tell me what to do please, i m already re-doing the clutch.

Don't gear oil smell great, especially when it's burned? Sounds like that's what you've got going on. I don't immediately recall where the fill plug is on the Peugeot, but I recommend keeping an eye on it as that tranny is expensive to fix or replace... Other than that I'd say you're on the right track so far.

is there some way to flush it out or somthing, i mean the stuff in there looks like it belongs in the sewer. Should i add new fluid ,drive ,then drain (repeat). It also sounds like theres somthing knocking around in there, any idea what i need to do thanks.

I drained out some and added a quart of atf and drove it for a few miles then completly drained it on a 89 I had with that tranny. I've read all I could find and ended up putting mobil 1 in it.There's a lot about fluid and that tranny on the web.

JoBo

Back