• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For everyone with TPS problems

white99z

NAXJA Forum User
I dont know if this has been posted or not but I have been having problems with my TPS on my 1990 XJ. Recently I contacted jeep about getting a build sheet for it and they sent it and also notified me of recalls that have not been performed on my XJ. One of these recalls was the TPS sensor . If you are having troubles you should contact Jeep and see if this recall affected your XJ. I was about to spend the money on one til I found out about the recall so now I am getting a free one!!!

I found out when I contacted jeep through their website to get a build sheet. I just sent my VIN number and asked for a build sheet and they told me it hadnt been done. From there I contacted the dealership to set up an appointment to get the recalls fixed. They had to order the parts so my cherokee is still up at the dealer's.

I just did it and my 89 Laredo needs the Brake pedal shift interlock, the Oxygen Sensor and the TPS work done to it.

Cool link! Thanks. I also requested a build sheet to go with it.

Keith

Ahh.. cool... I found out my brake pedal shift interlock also needs to be replaced but the website didn't list anything else. bummer.. i did how ever request a build sheet and all recalls thru snailmail.

Back