• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What to do with sway bar

John D

NAXJA Member # 788
I have the JKS disconnects and I'm wondering what to do about securing them during offroad. I know some of you will say to just dump the sway bar and it won't be an issue. I do a lot of hwy driving and prefer to keep it. I tried to secure it with a zip tie but evrytime I stretch the front en it snaps the zip tie. Any pics or links of what you guys have done would be appreciated.

I don't know what you are zip tying to but I've never had that problem with mine. I zip tie the QDs to the sway bar and the sway bar to the inner fender well , no problems.
You could really solve this by going to ORGS website and getting thier QD holders, the cheap and bling way to go. I think he has banners on the website here as a NAXJA sponsor.
Crunch

This site i am attaching is the exact thing i have on mine, a must for discos.
http://www.dpgoffroad.com/New_Folder4/DiscoHolders.htm

You can see they are easy to make and install, try doing something similar yourself if you are'nt in the mood to spend $20. They fasten right through the upper fender well and are never in the way. Works Great!!! Daniel

i just use a good rubber bungee cord to secure mine, works great. i think i have seen a velcro strap that worked pretty well too.

Pat

ORGS Holders

I have the ORGS holders. A very simple approach but they are secure and easy to use. I would kick myself in the rear for not making them but I got lazy.:)

I 've been using a couple of those elastic tie-down, hooked cables.

See the picture below:

newpitman.jpg

When not in use, the free end attaches to the safety clips of the tow hooks.

Rgds

Back