• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

home made UCA's Q

diabloxj

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i'm going to make my own with a freind. i have the skyjacker 8" RR, and i want to get ride of the axle cradle. so i want to know from the people that have made their own UCAs what size tube did you use? what kind of ends did you use; rod end, JJ,ect? and for the sheet metal what size did you use 3/16? how long should it be from eye to eye? i been looking around for ideas but can't find what i'm looking for. pics of your UCA would be great. thanks for your help.

Patience......kinda slow today.

I've made several sets. I like using RE Superflex joints for the uniframe end, and then thread the axle end of a piece of DOM tube (.288 wall comes to mind...don't recall offhand) for a 3/4 fine thread bolt. I weld this bolt to the axle bracket which is made of 2"w X 3/16"t cold rolled. I like to form this bracket by wrapping it around a piece of 2" X 6" rect. tubing which gives you the perfect ID for a UCA bushing (2") to fit.
I use a 3/4 heim style jamb nut to keep it tight. You can build any length you want, just measure your overall length needed bolt center to center, then subtract for adjustment.

XJEEPER said:
I like to form this bracket by wrapping it around a piece of 2" X 6" rect. tubing which gives you the perfect ID for a UCA bushing (2") to fit.
QUOTE]

thats a great idea thanx. so you used tube the was the right size to tap for threads, you didn't use a tube end. i didn't want to use a tube end just thread the tube would be easier i think. if you chould get me the size of the tube you used that would be great thanks for the reply

Back