• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I did a search first but...

jeepcherokee95

NAXJA Forum User
Did not find exactly what I was looking for.

I am wondering if there is a rear axle with disc brakes out of a ZJ that will swap into a 95 XJ without much hassle?

I have access to a welder but most of the work will be done in my driveway with hand tools and a grinder....Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated! (if there are threads, please link them for me...)

Thanks.

JC95

jeepcherokee95 said:
Did not find exactly what I was looking for.

I am wondering if there is a rear axle with disc brakes out of a ZJ that will swap into a 95 XJ without much hassle?

I have access to a welder but most of the work will be done in my driveway with hand tools and a grinder....Any help pointing me in the right direction is appreciated! (if there are threads, please link them for me...)

Thanks.

JC95
A ZJ has coil springs, and doesn't really have an axle worth "upgrading" an XJ to. The Dana 44A doesn't have alot of aftermarket support and the strength is lacking due to an aluminum housing. The other axle is the lovely D35. :laugh3:
If you want an axle w/discs, an 8.8 from a late Explorer would be much easier to adapt to an XJ. Otherwise, you can adapt discs to an XJ Dana 44.

Back