• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

banks vs. borla (again)

banks vs. borla (again)

• banks header

Votes: 20 64.5%
  • borla header

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hoytinak

NAXJA Forum User
I know this as been covered many times before, I just looked through about 20 pages on it, but I think it'd just be easier as a poll. I'm dropping in a new 4.0 in my 94 next week, and i've narrowed it down to the banks or the borla. Thanks guys.
Trevor

just as some information... i just put on some borla headers about 4,000miles ago when i pulled the engine for other work

Headers are GREAT!
but.......I also converted to 4wd in the process(with my engine out)

now... my front driveshaft niks my downpipe on the headers

i think banks are a shorty design that bolt up to the stock downpipe and would avoid this problem

I had the same problem with my Borla... The driveshaft would hit the downpipe when flexing - Guess the desgined that 'divit' into the stock D.P. for a reason...

Will.

xjwillyb said:
I had the same problem with my Borla... The driveshaft would hit the downpipe when flexing - Guess the desgined that 'divit' into the stock D.P. for a reason...

Will.

Yup. I really like the borla, but the same thing ate the hell out of mine when crawlin', as well.

I put Banks Headers on my 4.0L TJ and the front driveshaft would hit the downpipe when flexing. It looks like the aftermarket headers stick out an extra inch or two away from the engine, and it's already a tight fit with the stock set up.

Banks is what I chose. Fits perfectly. Awesome power/sound gains. Would choose it again if I upgrade one of my other Jeeps. Took me about two hours to install. That was while upgrading to a newer generation intake manifold also.

Brian

Back