• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

help with power windows etc

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
just tonight i noticed that none of the power windows work except for teh drivers controls. this happened to my friends and he did not know how to fix it. is it a fuse or a relay? is this common? how can i fix it? on a 94 xj

among my other list of repairs are back up lights that dont work, i replaced the nss nad i checked the bulbs and they are good. if i checked right i am not getting power to the sockets. any ideas?

also some of the defrost strips in the back widow dont work. should i try a repair kit or just get a glass from the junk yard? i have changed these before so thats not an issue.

oh and since i lifted my xj my cruise control wont work. i cannot find any vacuum leaks. any ideas?

thanks guys and gals

I dunno if its a common problem for the windows not to work, but on my 89 I have a simular problem.

I've yet to fix it cause I've had other more important problems to fix first, but I think its an open in the wiring for the lockout switch. This is the lil switch that keeps the kids from playing with the windows. Its violet with trace, on mine, and runs from the driver's door switch to all the other doors.

The PO claimed he was having electrical probs and cut it on mine.

good luck

Now it dawns on me to ask the obvious question. You do have the lockout switch in run right??

Back