• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

removing 97+ rear endcaps

thooogy

NAXJA Forum User
On my '99 sport - I'm trying to remove the rear endcaps. What do I use to get the the small bolt (or screw) that's the farthest towards the front? It's buried so deep into the plastic, and I have nothing that will fit. The "rear" screw seems to be 10mm but my 1/4" drive socket is still too fat for the foward one.

I used to use a pair of needle-nose pliers, then I went to Sears and bought a nut driver in the correct size. I can check exactly what size later.

thooogy said:
On my '99 sport - I'm trying to remove the rear endcaps. What do I use to get the the small bolt (or screw) that's the farthest towards the front? It's buried so deep into the plastic, and I have nothing that will fit. The "rear" screw seems to be 10mm but my 1/4" drive socket is still too fat for the foward one.

You are right about the socket, it is too fat for the hole. A nut-driver (like a screw-driver) worked for me. Believe it was 1/4". Bolt on rear was 10mm.

Back