• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Extra Leaf into RE Pack?

96XJCLASSIC

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone added an extra leaf or two into an RE pack for some extra lift?

GTA_ThreeBears.jpg

BillR said:
Was it a standard add-a-leaf, or did you get it from a different pack?

i believe dirk told me that if i wanted to add height and stiffness to my 4.5 RE springs then the added leaf would have to be from another 4.5 leaf pack

HTH
brandon

I added an overload leaf from a Chevy pack that came with an axle a buddy of mine bought. It was about 1/2" thick, basically like adding a 1/2" block. Still rides the same, though.

MIke

JMotorsprt said:
Interesting. So what would I need to add another inch to two inches in my 3.5 RE pack?
We did it to a 4.5 in RE pack. Put a 2 inch full lengh add a leaf in and gained about 2 inches. It got a little stiffer but really not that bad. The add a leaf came from RE also.

DrMoab said:
We did it to a 4.5 in RE pack. Put a 2 inch full lengh add a leaf in and gained about 2 inches. It got a little stiffer but really not that bad. The add a leaf came from RE also.

so you added a AAL to an already 4.5" leaf and gained 2"....? isn't the arc on the 4.5 leafs greater than the AAL, hmmm, interesting, maybe i'll give it a try, i have some 2.5 re AAL laying around

brandon

shimmy said:
so you added a AAL to an already 4.5" leaf and gained 2"....? isn't the arc on the 4.5 leafs greater than the AAL, hmmm, interesting, maybe i'll give it a try, i have some 2.5 re AAL laying around

brandon
NO the arch on the add a leaf was quite abit more then the RE packs. BUT I should say they were four years old. They might have been pretty flat compared to new ones.

Mine started to sag big time, after a year of hard use, so I pick up a set of used rusty's 6" leafs and swapped them in, by using the RE main leaf and the rest of the rusty's pack. Got the height back and rides greats. SO do what works for you.

BillR said:
Was it a standard add-a-leaf, or did you get it from a different pack?

I had the RE 3.5" pack and I found another leaf with roughly the same arc and stuck it in. I run a 7 leaf pack now.

I run RE 4.5" Leafs with the 2.5 AAL from RE and 1.5" shackles.....

I usualy bring too much equipment and spare parts so I wanted the extra capacity.

The 2.5 arch is actualy the same if not more then the RE 4.5's
...Well mine arent anymore but they were new atleast....

Works good! I dig it! :thumbup:

Now.... I just need some bumpstops....

Back