• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing the t-case drop

C85D4x4

NAXJA Member #1311
ok....im running the RE 4.5in lift with 32s.
I have the t-case drop kit in and AA sye kit with a cv drive shaft.

So i was wondering if i can put my t-case cross member back up were it was stock?

Also, would this mean I would need to get Shims?
Or would it fine with out them?

The only reason I am asking is that I would like to put in a skid plate and I can not find any what will allow the drop kit

you can remove the drop if you have a cv style d-shaft, you will have to shim your axle to match the pinion angle. its really not a big deal. With a cv shaft you want the rear (at axle) u-joint to be straight at the out put of the T-case. In other words no u-joint angle on the rear joint, all the angle is taken by the front CV joint. (this is only true at static ride hight).

Get a cheap angle finder from Sears and calculate the angle that gives you a 0* pinion angle relative to the driveshaft, or slightly below it to account for spring wrap. Probably either 4* or 6* shims but your mileage may vary...

Along the same lines, I am planning on installing a sye over spring break. Anyway, I currently have Rusty's crossmember w/1" drop. I realize that the 1" drop wont hurt anything, but is there anyway I can get rid of it w/o buying a new crossmember? Thanks.

if its the drop w/the drop built in then i doubt. i know he claims no loss in ground clearance, and if thats true i would just leave it alone

joecool said:
Along the same lines, I am planning on installing a sye over spring break. Anyway, I currently have Rusty's crossmember w/1" drop. I realize that the 1" drop wont hurt anything, but is there anyway I can get rid of it w/o buying a new crossmember? Thanks.

I got the Rusty's 1" drop x-member too. I got that before the SYE. I just kept it because it a lot beefier than stock and I have his t-case skid too which bolts right up to the x-member. I haven't had any problems since the SYE install. It's been about 2 years now.

Just to make a side to that which is inevitable. the Skid Row T-case and Tranny skid plates are made to be used with cross member drop kit. But again, its really doean't matter since there is not need for this with the SYE.

Back