• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

PORC SYE and Driveshaft Lenght?

ARBOGASTER

NAXJA Forum User
I've decided to install a real SYE instead of going the hack n tap route. I will be running a DPG hybrid RE 3.5 superflex lift. I have some good driveshafts from an early 80's bronco with the double cardan and the slip in the shaft. I was going to have a local driveline shop shorten it to my needed length and balance it instead of buying a whole new shaft. I will need to put those funky 1330 to 1310 U-joints in it to make it work but the driveshaft is beefy and it's free. Does anyone see any problems with this? Does anyone have an idea what the drive shaft measurement needs to be for this setup?

Im not sure about the U joint question, but your drive line shop will have the right answer for you. The length will be determined after you install the PORC sye, and measure center of the u-joint on the t-case yoke to the center of the u-joint on the pinion yoke of the rear axle-at ride height. I am running 6" of lift and around 33 1/2" for a rear driveshaft length. Seems that most every jeep is different, a lot depends on the trans, ect... I hope this helps you.

I'm 3" lift, 8.25 rear axle, porc sye, 33" rear driveshaft.

HTH

Clean-RC installed my PORC SYE and I gave him the new driveshaft at the same time.

I gave RE the stock yoke-to-yoke distance and the amount of lift I have and they sent me the correct driveshaft. They (and other DS companies) have enough experience to know which driveshaft you'll need.

I was a little apprehensive using this method, as I had heard that you should install the SYE first, then measure. But it all worked out good.

Back