• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Haul Engine in XJ??

KJR93XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Wondering if an any one has hauled an 4.0L in the back of their XJ and how it worked out? Does it fit easy, it looks like it will fit but wondering for sure before I go to the junk yard to pick it up.

My current engine is slowly dieing and I have a good deal on a 96 4.0L for $350 with 90,000 miles and good compression.

thanks for the hlep

It WILL fit.
Ive done it twice now.I had to have 2 other guys help me to get it in because of the way the engine lift was built and the hatch door was overhanging.

No problem at all. Just remember to bring lots of cardboard, newspaper/blankets.

Heck, you can fit a 4.0 block in the trunk of a Cavalier too :jester:

Yep, it's fits with PLENTY of room (long at the intake/exhaust is off). It was a pain to "rock" it in though. Kept getting snagged on the striker bolt for the tailgate. Easy as pie to get out with a hoist!

thanks that is what i was hoping to hear, didn't want to find out any major problems, it looked like it would fit. i will cardboard it up and break my back getting it out.

Back